Thursday, 24 November 2011

In-Home Care Denver – A Key Revealed To Help Keep Seniors At Home

-œDiscover a secret that allows seniors to stay home for life!-

VA Home Aid and Attendance Services Grant There are financial benefits available for Veterans or their surviving spouses for non-service connected disabilities. The Veterans Administration has established a pension program whereby your purchase of personal care and attendant in-home care services may be paid for through your acquired pension. If you are a Veteran or the surviving spouse of a Veteran who has served at least 90 days or more on active duty with one day beginning or ending during a period of war, and you are in need of in-home care due to your disabilities, you may be eligible for VA’s non-service connected disability pension. The following are the VA’s defined -œperiods of war-: ·WWI – 4/16/1917 to 11/11/1918 ·WWII- 12/7/1941 to 12/31/1946 ·Korea- 6/25/1950 to 1/31/1955 ·Vietnam- 8/5/1964 to 5/7/1975 ·Persian Gulf- 8/2/90 to present Income, liquid assets and are also a determination of eligibility. The car and house does not count as an asset. In 2008 the Aid and Attendance income threshold for a veteran is $1,554 monthly, spouse is $998 and couple is $1,842. Each year the amounts will be adjusted based on the cost of living (COLA). In many cases if a person has a paid caregiver such as a nurse’s aide for in-home care, those expenses impact so greatly on a person’s net income, that they will meet the criteria for the income level. If a Veteran or Veteran Widow has cash assets above the limit, they are allowed to place those assets into certain investments in order to have them -œsheltered-. This sheltering does not have a penalty or -œlook back period- associated with it. Proper asset sheltering for Aid and Attendance should be done under the supervision of an eldercare professional such as an Elder Law Attorney ( well versed in Medicaid planning because one could easily ruin the chances of ever getting Medicaid if the VA pension planning was done incorrectly. With a little professional planning, many Veterans and Veteran Widows can receive pensions that make a significant difference in the amount of in-home care they receive. After all, the reason for this particular pension is to assure that a Veteran or Veteran Widow does not live in a substandard environment in their old age. It takes a little work to apply for this pension, but anything worth having usually does. Although you can apply on your own, it’s best to seek the advice of a professional. Seek an in-home care agency that is familiar with this program and can assist in expediting the process. There is no fee to apply and find out if you or a loved one is entitled to these services. One of the best websites with comprehensive information can be found at . For more information and a FREE REPORT -œDiscover the Secrets That Allow Seniors To Stay At Home For Life-, please go to Marilyn Rowe, CEO & Owner, Home Care Assistance of Denver

Related Articles –
in-home care, home care agency, senior in home care, elder in-home care, home care, in-home elderly care, in-home care for my parents,

Email this Article to a Friend!
Receive Articles like this one direct to your email box!Subscribe for free today!

No comments:

Post a Comment