Monday 17 October 2011

Dog Figurines Collectibles

Dog figurines have always been one of the most popular collectibles. As we know dogs are known as mans best friend because of their loyalty, companionship, protection and help to many of us. They have been used as our source of inspiration in thousands of storybooks and adventure movies, and their characters have just crept into our hearts, children and adults alike. Many of these characters have been made into toys and figurines for our enjoyment. Dog figurines are the perfect gift for the dog lover, and are great for any occasion. I am certain you won’t have a problem finding the dog that goes with the receiver, for example a Beagle figurine. Some artists enjoy making amusing ceramic dog figurines that capture human characteristics and portray them in their dogs. Other artists who make detailed ceramic or pewter figurines, like to capture the characters of that particular dog breed, such as the Beagle or the Schnauzer, or even the Dachshund. One of my favorites is the English sheep dog figurine with its long shaggy coat, and my German shepherd dog – a replica of my own faithful Shadow.

Here are some other types of figurines you could get: beagle figurines cat figurines wildlife figurines Christmas figurines pig figurines horse figurines fish figurines clown figurines I grew up on a small farm, big enough to hold a few farm animals and never less than six dogs at a time. They were my constant companion when going for walks or picking fruit or doing some outdoor chore. Most of our dogs were born and died on the farm over a period of 20 years, so we had the privilege of seeing many puppies being born. The one year two of our female Beagle’s had eight puppies each within a few days of each other. We ended up with 16 puppies – what a mission it was to keep the little darlings from roaming around and getting under our feet. When it came time to find homes for them all, we didn’t want to let them go. In the end I kept two of them. These puppies inspired me to start collecting dogs figurines of all kinds made from different material. I still have some today and consider them some of my treasured collectables. Dogs have been an inspiration to many artists. My mother is also an artist. She used to sit down with her drawing book and make sketches of the dogs on the farm. It was what brought her pleasure and watching her enjoy creation was a big part of our life. I remember when she became interested in pottery and started sculpting animals out of clay, especially Beagle or Dachshund figurines . They were beautiful but very fragile, so I was not allowed to play with them, just look at them and admire them. This is when I learnt to appreciate the value of art. Being a dog lover myself I’d started collecting many different kinds of dog sculptures made mostly from clay, plastic and ceramic. Later I started collecting figurines made of glass, crystal, brass and pewter. I was proud of my collection. Eventually my friends and family would buy me dog figurines for my birthday and any other occasion until my collection grew so large I didn’t know what to do with them all. The Internet offers a wide variety of dog breeds to choose from. So if you are looking for anything from plastic Beagle figurines for your children to bronze or ceramic statutes for your own collection, or maybe a beautiful jewelry piece handcrafted by skilled artisans from all around the world, you are sure to find what you are looking for on the Internet. You can browse through the many different shops, and appreciate the hundreds of diverse dogs species, maybe some you’ve never even heard of. It might require a bit of patience, but you will have gained much knowledge along the way. My advice to you is don’t be hasty, and you won’t regret the time spent taking a walk through the vast kingdom of dog figurines. If I may give you a friendly word of advise on cleaning your figurines – dust or wipe your figurines gently once a week if you can. This will keep them looking clean and shiny and your display will be highly appreciated by all your friends and visitors. Collecting dog figurines is a pleasure! Check out our large range of figurines including dog figurines, crystal figurines and dragon figurines! Jarad “the figurine guy” Nelson is a expert collector and retailer of the finest figurines money can buy. He runs Figurine Kingdom with a vision to provide the figurine enthusiast community a one stop shop for all their figurine shopping requirements.

Related Articles –
figurines, gifts, figurine, crafts, hobbies,

Email this Article to a Friend!
Receive Articles like this one direct to your email box!Subscribe for free today!

No comments:

Post a Comment