Friday 28 October 2011

Fantasy Card Games- Why Not Play

I loved to collect war games when I started high school. They often satisfied my need to use my imagination. Predictably fantasy card games pushed me towards electronic gaming and I imagine that this is similar for other gamers. While I felt led to enjoy these by responsible establishments, some shame accompanied me each time I played. Fantasy card games compared to internet gaming Some of the most successful fantasy card games developed in the last 13 years that I have played are Legend of the Five Rings, Magic the Gathering, and Epic. Many of these have now been sadly programmed into computer games. I don’t dislike electronic gaming for the reason that they are so very similar to physical games, each side being a product of similar elements; despite this, they both produce unique results in human development. It should be noted that the monetary investment of either is approximately the same. Contrasting releases of digital games to fantasy card games; in 2000, 870 console games and 21 fantasy card games were released. This information was collected by wikipedia.org and gamesarefun.com.

Encouragement from Teachers Maybe it’s because fantasy card games develope social interaction and teamwork that I have memories of being motivated to play board games by my teachers when I was young, and was even praised when I took the roll of the score keeper. I remember an assignment during elementary school from my math teacher to make a board game. It was the first and definitely the last time that I got excited for my homework. The game I made was of course a forerunner of what would soon be a lot of fantasy card games. This was the trailhead to a long road for me, because I kept on designing, even though the majority of what I created was lost in a drawer. In addition to playing fantasy card games, school got me reading and writing fantasy books like The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings. Console games still triumph over books because there are about 9000 titles listed on isbndb.com for the fantasy genre compared to 25 thousand games on gamesarefun.com. Public embrace of fantasy card games. Fantasy has been more and more abundant as a genre for movies over the last two decades. Based on search results at imdb.com, the percentage of fantasy movies among all feature films was less than 1.8% before the 90′s and has increased to roughly 4% and almost 4.3% from ’91 to 2000 and from 2001-present respectively. Regardless of this rising popularity it seems to me that fantasy card games are stubornly labeled as ‘abnormal’. A fact that hasn’t gone unnoticed by people that play fantasy card games. My group of friends can be sifted into 2 groups of players; the quiet and probably ashamed gamers, and the outspoken promoters of the cause. While one type of friend will larp around the football field, the other places himself under a tree and hides the title of whatever he’s reading. In part this article is my attempt to change which group I’m in and enter the realm of those who shamelessly embrace fantasy card games. I hope we can all abandon the prejudice that fantasy is desireable in console gaming and film, but not preferable in a hobby pastime. But my sincere hope is for all of us to step away from the cpu screen and go play a better game. Here are some videos of role-playing fantasy card games that show most of the positive qualities abundant in fantasy. If you’re wanting to meet a few gamers there is a discussion channel set up at this website that is all about fantasy card games.

Related Articles –
Fantasy, card, games,

Email this Article to a Friend!
Receive Articles like this one direct to your email box!Subscribe for free today!

No comments:

Post a Comment